The VITA Program is a FREE tax preparation service for individuals and families that meet certain income guidelines and is offered at the EOC.
If your income was less than $54,000 in 2016, let our volunteer tax team see if you are eligible for:
January 30 - April 18
Every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
( 4:30 PM - 8:00 PM)
Held in the EOC Conference Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Tax returns are prepared on a first-come, first-served basis at the EOC, 555 Ellicott St, Buffalo, NY 14203.
What materials should I bring on the day of my tax preparation?
- Original Social Security card for each filer and dependent (not a photocopy);
- Photo Identification(government-issued ID for each adult, such as driver’s license, state-issued ID card, passport, military ID card, etc. New York State returns require NY driver's license or NY state-issued ID card for all filers and spouses.)
- Date of birth for self, spouse and dependents;
- Income statements (Forms W-2 and 1099) from all employers;
- Proof of Health Insurance;
- A copy of last year's federal and state tax returns, if available;
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit; and
- If married filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.